Thursday, March 1, 2018

10th Anniversary of Rundangerously 2008-2018!


I find it somewhat astonishing that my Rundangerously Blog has been up and running (pun intended) for 10 years!  When it began - way, way back on March 1, 2008 - I had no idea that it would last this long.  In fact, I had envisioned it as a way to record my training and racing (with race photos and reports the main component).  It actually grew to include much more stuff, if you will - but it primarily focused on the running side of my life.  Over the last decade it's recorded the my running and races - but included family (especially Katie's various milestones: she was in middle school when this blog began, she just graduated from College last year!), travels, radio, and reviews of various things that caught my attention over the years - to mention a few of the things that come to mind. I was also happy (and honored) to include many guest posts - mostly from other runners who shared their race reports and experiences!

I find the longevity even more surprising given my (apparently) belated discovery of Facebook the following year (and Twitter a few years after that).  All the competing venues to post pictures and updates (so to speak) certainly diluted the power of blogging (in general) - to the point it basically seems quaint after all these years.  Almost like trying to explain why bother listening to CDs - or even more shocking LPs (if this generation can dig up a working turntable) - in this IPOD, streaming age of music.  But I will confess to not missing (and never will miss) video cassettes, of any format - haha

So as I enter the second decade of this blog (did I really write second decade), I wonder how much longer it can keep going (and, a bit more practically, how much longer can I keep running and racing).  That first post mentioned that Caumsett Park 50K was the upcoming race - and I'd post a race report....  Now, 10 years later, I find it fitting to point out that Caumsett Park 50K is again on deck for the weekend!  A comforting coincidence (and what's old is new again) :D

Thanks to everyone who has visited over the years - and to those who commented as well.  Here's hoping that you'll continue to visit going forward!

Cheers!

No comments: