Sunday, September 10, 2017

2017 NYRR Fifth Avenue Mile: Race Photos & Results


The Fifth Avenue Mile is one of my favorite races.  This morning we had great, if slightly windy, weather for a run down a carless 5th Avenue straightaway.  It was the second year in a row (I think) that the 50's men and women ran together in what was the 12th heat of the morning.

As I suspected, my finish was in between last year's 6:13 and last month's 6:44.  The 6:19 was a solid 25 seconds faster than the Peekskill Brewery Mile.  I don't know how I ran that fast without the prospect of a cold beer waiting at the finish - haha!

My quarter mile splits were relatively even: 1:30; 1:40; 1:35; and, 1:34.  The 1:40 reflected the only "climb" of the course.  The remaining two quarters were relatively "downhill" after that one.  All in all, I was very pleased with my finish.  It was race #8 of my 9+1 (and the NYC Marathon itself will complete the (9+1 for 2017).

Here are the official results from NYRR.





No comments: