Monday, September 4, 2017

2017 NYRR Fifth Avenue Mile Packet Pickup


Yesterday was the first time I ever picked up a bib and shirt (other than a race day, itself) on a Sunday (not to mention a Labor Day weekend)!  Since I had to put in a few hours at the office - Fall semester kicks off with a convocation on Tuesday and classes begin on Wednesday - why not stop off at the NYRR on the way home?!  In fact, the email notification from the NYRR had, itself, only arrived the day before (Saturday).

As for the race itself, it will be #8 on my road to 9+1 for 2017.  And as for a time goal, there's a 30 second window between the 6:13 I ran last year and the 6:44 I ran last month (at the Peekskill Brewery Mile) that I will probably finish in.  My 6:44 is a pretty soft target, while the 6:13 is looking pretty tough to beat right now :O

Time will tell (actually, in  less than a week now we will - in fact - know the result) :D


No comments: