Friday, May 19, 2017

2017 Brooklyn Half Marathon: Packet Pick-up at Brooklyn Bridge Park


Yesterday afternoon I took a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to the Pre-Party/Packet Pick-up for the Brooklyn Half Marathon.  The sun and 90+ degrees did not deter any of the foot traffic over the bridge, or at the Fulton Landing, for that matter.  It was hot - and crowded! We can only hope that the temperature drops 20-30 degrees in time for tomorrow's race :O

I've lost count of how many Brooklyn Half Marathons I've run - maybe a dozen by now?  It was actually the very first half marathon I ever ran (way back in 2001)!  It was a winter race back then - and started on the Boardwalk in Coney Island... finishing in Prospect Park.  Back then we only had a fraction of the 20,000+ runners expected to line up tomorrow!

It was, and still is, one of my all-time favorite races :D

As always, if you're at this one - say hello!


No comments: