Sunday, April 2, 2017

2017 Urban Environmental Challenge 10K: Race Photos & Results


It was a great day to run on trails (even if there was a bit of pesky wind that wouldn't leave) this morning.  This was my 4th VCTC Urban Environmental Challenge - and probably my favorite course layout at Van Cortlandt Park.  The double loop course takes runners on two separate, rarely run trails, along the main path on the back woods of the park.  It was definitely hilly than I remembered (but I pretty much say that about every trail race, near and far).

As for my result, the 55:17 was 3 seconds faster than my first (2011) run at this course, but a solid 3 minutes than my last (2015) UEC.  Either way, it was good enough for 3rd place in my age group - and an awesome carrot cake muffin to go along with the great race patch (instead of tee shirt) given out this year!

I'll add a link to the results once they're posted.




No comments: