Saturday, January 7, 2017

2017 NYRR Joe Kleinerman 10k: Race Photos & Results


A chilly start to the new year in races!  In fact, this was a last minute addition because I only signed up for the Joe Kleinerman 10k yesterday afternoon (and surprised to learn it finally closed out when I checked the webpage before heading into the city this morning)!

In another rarity, I picked up my bib and shirt on race day.  That meant I didn't get to see the new space at Columbus Circle.  That will have to wait for NYRR race #2 this year (probably early next month).

As for the race itself, was very happy to squeeze in under 48 minutes - especially for the first race of the year.  I haven't done much mileage in the past month, so need to do some base rebuilding over the next month or so.  I didn't mind the cold (23 at the start), but the occasional wind gusts were tough.  Just after the start a few flakes came down and but the time I was coming back up the East Drive, it was snowing!

The only negative of the morning was having my phone freeze up just after the finish - argh.  It had 55% charge, but the cold was too much - and it turned into a dead weight until I got it back home and plugged it in for a charge.

Here is a link to the official results at NYRR




No comments: