Saturday, September 3, 2016

2016 NYRR Fifth Avenue Mile: Race Photos & Results


Great morning to run a mile down Fifth Avenue in the company of a lot of fellow 50 year old runners!  I upped the distance a bit by running over to the Met from 86th Street and running down to Grand Central afterwards.  But the 2.5+ miles was still short of the 10 I would have run at Westport - so I tacked on another 6.5 miles when I got off the MetroNorth :D

As for the one Mile that mattered, I ran a 6:13 - trying hard to sneak under 6 minutes, but given no speed work this summer, that wasn't realistic.  Still I'm very happy with it!  In fact, it's a solid 26 second improvement over last year's Fifth Avenue Mile (6:39). 

Like last year, this was NYRR race #8 - and like last year, the NYC Marathon itself will be the ninth.  Unlike last year, when I still had the volunteer requirement to do, this time around I already took care of that one.  Not sure if, I'll run another NYRR race before the Marathon, but pretty sure there be a couple more before the end of the year :D

Here are the official results from NYRR.




No comments: