Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 NYRR Joe Kleinerman 10k Packet Pick-up


This afternoon I picked up my bib and tee shirt for the Joe Kleinerman 10k this weekend.  It's my first NYRR race of 2016 (and the 9+1 for the 2017 NYC Marathon).  It was also my first trip to the new (albeit temporary) location on the West Side - which, at least for me, is not as convenient as the East Side location was in the good old days (just a couple of months ago)!  But, it was also another first of sorts - I can't remember ever having picked up race bibs on a Monday (or Tuesday, or Wednesday, for that matter).  It's really neat that the bib/shirt pick-up availability now begins on Monday, instead of the Thursday!

As for the pick-up process itself, that went very smoothly.  The tee shirts handed out before the bibs. The bibs themselves were customized with the addition of the timing strip after a scan of your QR code.  That was pretty neat as well!

As always, if you're at this one - say hello!

No comments: