Sunday, November 15, 2015

QBC International Hungarian shortwave pirate radio 6985 khz (via SDR) eQSL


I just received this fantastic eQSL from QBC International!  It's the first pirate radio station from Hungary that I've logged. I tuned in to their broadcast on 6985 kHz, via the SDR at Twente in the Netherlands.

In addition to the eQSL, this informative email pointed out that QBC International will be making regular weekend broadcasts!  If you can, tune in!
______________________________________________

I'm pleased to hear that you heard QBC International. Thank you for the report and the recording.

My name is Peter, I live in a village in Central Hungary, near the town of Kecskemet. I have been involved in shortwave free radio since the summer of 2008. I ran several stations under various names over the last seven years, the longest running one was Lightning Radio from 2011 to 2013. I was away from the hobby for two years, but I'm addicted to free radio and had to return.

I use home made low power transmitters in the 10 - 30 watt range. Currently I use a small 10 - 12 watt one, a clone of the Grenade transmitter. My antenna is a dipole aligned in north-south direction, 9 meters above the ground.

I like to transmit on a regular basis, by a fixed schedule. Currently you can expect to hear QBC on weekdays from 18.00 to 24.00 UTC and on weekends from 14.00 to 02.00 UTC on 6985 kHz. Broadcasts consist of mostly but not exclusively modern and alternative rock music, significant amount of new releases. I'm planning to launch a website, similar to my previous one at lightningradio.co.nr, with "now playing" feature, so listeners can check the artist and title of the tracks played.

I send eQSL's via email, different one for each month. I know, paper QSL are more valuable, but I'm on tight budget and I find it to be too costly for such a small scale project like QBC.

...

Thanks again for the report and I hope to hear from you again.

Best regards,

Peter

No comments: