Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Alex W. Radio German shortwave pirate radio 6251 khz (via SDR) QSL Card

 

This fantastic QSL Card from Alex Warner Radio was waiting in the (real) mailbox for me when I got home yesterday!  The thrill of a real, old-school QSL Card never diminishes!  I knew it was coming (but no idea when it would arrive) because Alex replied to my email by asking for my snail mail address so he could send one.  In fact, he sent a second one because I had sent him two separate reception reports! 

I heard Alex W. Radio, broadcasting from Germany on 6259 kHz (and again on 6295 kHz) via the SDR at Twente in the Netherlands.  Both broadcasts included some great,eclectic, tunes - Neal Young's "Rocking in the Free World" and the Bee Gees' "Staying Alive" :D

Thanks Alex!!



No comments: