Sunday, November 8, 2015

2015 After the Leaves have Fallen Half Marathon: Race Photos & Results

 

This morning headed up to New Paltz to run the After the Leaves have Fallen Half Marathon at Minnewaska State Park.  Great weather for it, in the mid-50's - but some heavy winds made it feel a bit colder (enough for me to start off wearing a windbreaker for the first mile).  This has to be one of the most scenic courses in the entire state.  I love running those trails.

As for the race itself, I ran a 1:52:38 (unofficial) a few minutes faster than last year.  It was actually faster (by a minute or so) than the Paine to Pain Half I ran last month.  If it wasn't for the hills tucked away in the last two miles, could have brought it in under 1:50 - but nothing left in the tank for the final stretch.  Still, very happy with my run :D

Here are the official results from Shawangunks Runners.







No comments: