Saturday, August 22, 2015

2015 Norwalk summer series 11 miler: race photos & results


It really seemed that todays summer series 11 miler was my first race of the summer (and the last official race of the Norwalk summer series)!  Aside from the Escarpment Trail Run the last week July, and the Masters Challenge 5k (that same week), I haven't raced since the beginning of June.  I can't remember a summer (injured or otherwise) that I logged so few miles and run so few races!  Hopefully, what's left of the summer will be a bit more productive.

As for the 11 miler, I squeaked in under my goal (aside from actually finishing) of 1:30 (the 1:29:29, 8:08 pace, was good enough for 4th place in my age group).  But I was well off a sub 1:28 (and keeping the overall pace under 8 minutes a mile).  Interestingly, I ran a solid negative split for the second loop.  That was more a reflection of my conservative approach to the first loop than any real effort to pick up the pace the second time around.

All in all, including the Cherry Garcia ice cream at the finish, it was a great morning to be out on the roads!

Here are the race results from Lightfoot Road Runners.





No comments: