Sunday, June 22, 2014

2014 queens 10k: race photos & results


the queens 10k was my second race this weekend - on the heels of the greenburgh mile yesterday :D  it was actually race number 5 on my road to 9+1 for the 2015 nyc marathon, and race number 3 in the five boro grand prix series.  it was my second time running this course, which i really like.  what isn't so great, however, is getting to and from this location via car!  travel hassles aside, it was a great morning to run.

my 47:07, 7:35 pace, was a minute+ slower than my 2013 finish (45:56).  but i was more than happy w/that finish because i ran 10 miles after the greenburgh mile yesterday.  so this one turned into something of a hard training run.  interestingly, aside from the 2 half marathons, this was my 3rd nyrr 10 race of 2014. 

my next nyrr race will probably be the bronx 10 miler.  it would have been the club team championships in august, but i'll be travelling that weekend.  maybe i'll find a july race to run in place of the club 5 miler/

here are the race results from nyrr





No comments: