Thursday, April 3, 2014

2014 nyrr scotland run 10k: packet pick-up


it was a bit strange picking up my shirt and bib for the scotland run 10k this afternoon because for the last couple of years i've been on the volunteering side of the this race.  in fact, for the last 2 years i was on tee shirt duty for the race.  today i was just picking up a shirt, not handing them out.  which means i still need to sign up for a volunteet slot for my 2015 nycm 9+1 requirements....

this will be only my second nyrr race in 2014 - a slow start for me (but the brooklyn half is on deck for next month).  as i'm about to write this sentence - but my nyrr races will increase now that the weather has made a turn for the better (read winter has finally decided to go away) - the forecast for saturday morning includes the possibility of rain!  go figure.

in any event, this was a last minute addition to the schedule - because it's a team race.  ironically, given that i ran the wurtsboro mountain 30k last weekend, don't think i'm in any shape to score for the team.  but ever body counts - so i'm in :D

i'll also head over to the scarsdale 15k on sunday morning - my hometown race (which also means i can jog there).  not sure i'll actually run it, but count on me to be cheering on those who do run it :D

if you're at either one - say hello!

No comments: