Saturday, June 22, 2013

2013 greenburgh mile: race photos and results


what a fantastic morning to run the greenburgh mile!  no humidity!  i've run this mile about 7 times (more than half of those were with katie).   ithink that the last time was back in 2009 - so this was a welcome return.

my target was a 6:20 or so.  i've been putting in some speed work at the track over the last 3 weeks and i was anxious to see if my speed was starting to come back.  i warmed up with an easy 3 miles before the start.  the mile itself came in a 6:04 - a big, pleasant, surprise for me!  i even had a chance to squeak in under 6 minutes, but just didn't have enough kick to bring it in.

i finished 6th overall; i was passed by a couple of runners in the last quarter mile.  hopefully, more speed work will help me get back a finishing kick.  my 6:04 was good enough to win my age group.  it was the just off the 6:02 finish time i had back in 2009!

i'll add a link to the results once they're posted.






No comments: