Saturday, February 11, 2012

2012 stratford sweetheart run: race photos and results


the prospect of getting up to stratford looked pretty iffy yesterday, with the weather forecasts predicting 3-4 inches of snow on the ground saturday morning - and snow continuing until mid afternoon!  so it was a pleasant surprise to get up this morning and find no snow on the ground - and just a few snowflakes in the air during the drive there.

this course is easily one of the toughest 4 milers out there.  my goal was to finish in under 30 minutes - and i was very pleased with my 29:16, 7:19 pace.  that result included walking  up the hill at the start of mile four!  another pleasant surprise was finding out that emmy and i won our age group (100-109) in the team race :D

here are the results from hitek racing.







next up, the boston build-up 20k tomorrow (on the new fairfield course)!

2 comments:

The Stratford YMCA said...

Glad you came & had a good time. Thanks for supporting the Stratford YMCA!

Dan said...

Awesome. My wife and I ran this race and LOVED it. These pictures are terrific.

If you're curious, I'll have a race report up on my own blog tomorrow.