Wednesday, February 17, 2010

giving up coffee for... at least lent :D



today, ash wednesday, is the first day of lent and i've decided to give up coffee for the traditional 40 day period ending on easter sunday. while lent begins today, i actually went cold turkey with the coffee drinking last friday. tomorrow will be a week gone by without something i normally drink at least 4 to 5 cups of a day!

by late friday, and well into saturday, i felt miserably - one long caffeine withdrawal headache that just wouldn't quit. but, by sunday afternoon, things brightened up considerably - helped in no small part by cup after cup of herbal tea :D now it's just the aroma in the morning that gets me - the craving has passed.

after lent, i may indulge in some decaf :D

2 comments:

Maria said...

You are braver than I! I tried to give up coffee in prep for my first marathon, after less than a week I was the snappiest and angriest I've ever felt. I had to succumb. Good luck!!

rundangerously said...

thanks maria! the first few days were pretty lousy, now it's not too bad.

see you at the haiti run!