Sunday, April 26, 2009

where the wild things run 5k: race photos and results



in a surprise addition to the race calendar, went up to wilton for the inaugural "where the wild things run" 5k held at the woodcock nature center. in something of a surprise, my 20:35 on the hilly course was good enough to win the race! right behind me, in second, was emmy!

here is my race report.

here are the official results.

here are some race photos:


pre-race registration


pre-race






post-race


post-race: kids fun run


post-race: kids fun run


me and mark (rd)

4 comments:

DawnB said...

Nice job Frank congratulations you two truly amazed. My God you guys just did a 50K the day before. What the hell is my excuse :)

congrats to you and Emmy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a win! Cool. That course looks gorgeous.

A Plain Observer said...

I dont even like you guys anymore! it puts all of us to shame, STOP!!!!

frankd said...

Most of the ultra people I know don't even RUN 5Ks anymore, let alone WIN them the freakin day after the ultra! But I'm glad you did it. Now when people accuse me of being extreme in my running I can always point to you and Emmy! Congrats! Awesome.