Friday, September 12, 2008

a morning at white plains hospital




a quick update with the good news (so far): after a morning at the white plains hospital center where i underwent both a colonoscopy and endoscopy (talk about getting it from both ends - ha), my doctor found no evidence of internal bleeding!

while the cause of my anemia is still a mystery to be solved (and both of my doctors believe that my running mileage, alone, isn't the cause of such low blood work numbers), i'm now on iron supplements (slow fe 2x a day). the supplements should kick in relatively quickly - but the real issue is finding and treating the cause of the problem (not just the symptom - anemia).

still, i'll take all the good news i can get!

up next, a trip to norwalk tomorrow morning to volunteer at don's lightfoot (norwalk) half marathon. if i can't run it, can at least man a water table :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS Frank. I'm glad that nothing serious was uncovered. Lets hope they can figure it out soon. Have fun at Don's race tomorrow. Wish I could be there!

TonyP said...

Glad that you got good news. Get better soon.

ChickenUnderwear said...

Frank,

I hope you are OK

Michael

A Plain Observer said...

This is good news, Frank!!! I am so glad. I thought about you all day. Glad they didn't find anything bad

Black Knight said...

yes great news. As we say: in bocca al lupo (in the mouth of the wolf), it means good luck.

Van 1- Hall said...

GREAT NEWS FRANK! I laughed out loud at the "both ends" comment. Might as well call you Tony Stark.

rundangerously said...

thanks everyone! glad about these results! now just have to find out the cause. in the meantime, the iron supplements seem to be working!